Official Contest Rules:
1. Agreement: No purchase is necessary to enter What’s On Oshawa contests. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of the contest rules and the decisions of the Contest judge.
2. Sponsors: The contest sponsor is What’s On Oshawa.
3. Eligibility: All What’s On Oshawa contests are open to all Canadian residents (excluding residents of Quebec) and who are over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, except for employees, immediate families and anyone living with any employee of What’s On Oshawa or its corporate affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies. Limit of one entry per household, per contest, unless otherwise stated. Illegible entries, bulk drop offs, photocopies, scanned copies, facsimiles or other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified. All potential winners must correctly answer a mathematical Skill Testing Question before being awarded a prize.
4. Current Contests and Promotions:
Two tickets to What’s My Line at the UOIT Regent Theatre. Contest closes Sept 16 2017 @ 6 pm. Must be 14+. Enter on Facebook. Winner will be chosen at random and notified through Facebook Messenger. Not affiliated with Facebook or Instagram in any way.
The selected entrants will be contacted by IM on Facebook. If the selected entrants do not claim the -prize within 24 hours of the draw the next eligible selected entrant will be contacted and the first entrant selected will have no further claim to the prize. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash.
Giveaway Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prizes in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prizes are unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. By entering this Giveaway the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Giveaway Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Giveaway, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Giveaway. Also, make sure your entry is original and does not include any third party’s proprietary content, including trademarks or copyrighted content. Giveaway Sponsors, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant who uses third party proprietary content. Giveaway Sponsors further reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to edit any entry submission to blur out any trademarks or to remove any copyrighted content, including but not limited to, music or video clips, as applicable. Submissions must not include any illegal, defamatory or in any way obscene content. Entries remain the property of the entrant. By entering this Giveaway each entrant (i) represents that his/her entry submission is her or her original work and does not infringe on any third party’s copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights, (ii) that he/she has all necessary rights from any third party that appear, or is mentioned, in the submission, including those from the parent or legal guardian if third party is under the age of majority; (iii) grants the Contest Sponsors, an unlimited, royalty free, irrevocable, right and license to reproduce, post and/or broadcast the submission in any form of media now known or hereinafter developed; (iv) waives all moral rights in the submission in favor of the Giveaway Sponsors, (v) agrees to release, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless the Giveaway Sponsors, their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from any claim or liability arising from or related to the submission, participation in this Giveaway, and/or acceptance and or use of any Prize awarded, and (vi) consents to the publication and/or use, in any medium of the entrant’s entry, name, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes carried out by the Contest Sponsors or their advertising and promotional agencies without payment or compensation of any kind. Entry submissions may be showcased by Contest Sponsors on a public viewing gallery. Giveaway Sponsors assume no responsibility for any claims against infringement of the right of privacy with respect to any submission submitted.
6. Banning: The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering any contest who they believe to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information and any action What’s On Oshawa deems as abuse.
7. Other: All decisions of the contest judge are final. Contests are governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify any contest or the contest rules at any time without notice. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or portion of the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed, beyond the standard manufacturer’s warranty. The odds of winning depend on how many eligible entries are received for each Contest. Sponsor is not liable for any lost or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this contest, including technical failures on the part of contest software, virus, website down-time, human error or property damage incurred by any contest entrant.
All entries become the property of Sponsor, which assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or down loading any material in the promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the e-mail portion of this contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.