Whether you’re still here, or you moved away, here are 10 signs you grew up in Oshawa:
- Your birthday is exactly nine months after GM’s annual shutdown.
- You were a newspaper carrier for The Oshawa Times.
- You have a black Knob Hill Farms shopping basket that’s now used for laundry.
- On special occasions, your family headed to the Magic Car restaurant.
- You spent summers swimming in the original Camp Samac pool, when Camp Samac was actually in the middle of the woods.
- You remember when the Oshawa Centre had a movie theatre that was really, really busy (really!). For bonus points, you remember when there were four movie theatres in downtown Oshawa.
- When a Saturday night on the town meant partying at the Purple Onion.
- Fiesta Week was something you looked forward to, especially the American pavilion at the North Oshawa Arena.
- You shopped at the Oshawa Centre when it had a Bo Peep Restaurant.
- You stole your dad’s beer at least once, and took it to a bush party.
What did we miss? Share your Oshawa memories in the comments!